Ingredients: serves 2
1 box Spaghetti noodles, regular or wheat pasta
1 can of crushed tomatoes (get the one with basil if possible)
1 can of tomato sauce
2 garlic gloves chopped
1 red bell pepper small dice
2 celery stems, small dice
1 small yellow onion, small dice
1 pound ground turkey meat (you can also use ground beef)
1 cup chicken broth
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
1 tsp of ground gloves
1 tsp of sugar
Olive oil, about 2 table spoons
1. Bring water to a boil, add a pinch of salt and olive oil, once water is boiling, add noodles, follow the box instructions. Once tender drain, and keep 1 cup of the water for later. Put noodles to the side.
2. In a large saute pan drizzle the olive oil at the bottom of the pan. heat pan.
3. Add ground turkey and let brown, try to leave it alone for a few minutes before stirring soo that it will brown.
4. Season the meat with Italian seasoning, a little salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika. All to taste but about a tsp of each.
5. Add chopped onion, garlic, celery, bell pepper, bay leaf, saute until the onions are translucent and tender.
6. Now its time to start making the sauce! Add the tomato sauce, can crushed tomatoes, sugar, ground cloves, garlic powder, pepper, chicken broth, And the pasta water that was set aside, add that also.
7. Reduce heat, let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning and serve. You can serve with with the sauce on top of the pasta or add the noodles into the sauce.
Add cheese and crushed red peppers, serve and Enjoy!